JCT Academy - a suite of online classes for JCT Contract users
Since 1931 the Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) has produced standard forms of construction contract and is today one of the most common forms of contract in use.
Our JCT Academy is a suite of 25+ online eLearning courses designed to explain the key aspects of the JCT suite of contracts, how JCT contracts are set up and implemented, looks at the key roles and responsibilities of individuals within the contract process and set out how JCT provisions deal with administrative matters, such as payment, control of the works, and control of time.
The JCT Academy covers:
- JCT procurement and contract and contractor selection and tendering
- Standard forms of main contract and design liability
- Sub-contractors and specialists
- Setting up the contract
- Insurances, bonds and collateral warranties
- Contract administration: Payment
- Contract administration: Control of the works
- Contract administration: Time
- Contract administration: Termination and insolvency
- Introduction to dispute resolution
- Model contract management forms
- Personal - our modular approach supports tailored learning paths and self-directed learning. Each course can be used as a stand-alone course or you can build your own tailored learning path specific to you or your team or job role needs.
- Hybrid Classes that work - Less lecturing and more learning through real-world scenarios based learning, written in plain English with practical tips and common pitfalls from real practitioners. Use our contract management forms to continue your learning in the workplace, or our ReachBack helpdesk app for mentoring from our industry experts so you get it right first time.
- Practice makes perfect - Practice what you learn through flashcards, quizzes and interactive challenges so that you retain more information.
- Keep up to date - Learn using our suite of JCT online classes created by industry experts. Our library is continually updated so you never fall behind, and can meet your professional CPD requirements.
Recommended for: This Academy is recommended for everyone currently or about to be working under a JCT contract including: project managers, contract managers, quantity surveyors, clients, consultants, planners, contractors and their supply chain.This Academy is suitable for those new to JCT as well as those looking to enhance their existing level of knowledge and understanding.