Delays, Disruption and Damages in Construction Projects
Duration 1 day
Looking to support all those who have experienced delays, damage and compensation events, this one day delivery explores the legal ramifications and their appliance to construction projects, and to monetary features.
Developed by experts in adjudication and legal matters, the course contains all the main construction contracts including NEC and JCT, and has an overriding aim to bring all parties closer together in order to work proactively to avoid conflict by explaining the hazards and possibilities across the clauses. In helping all parties better understand each other, it enhances co-operation across employers, contractors and sub-contractors.
Offering a broad curriculum, the course allows attendees to generate a range of Construction contract competencies including;
• Introduction to Delays, Damages and Claims
• Record Keeping and Evidence
• Duration, Completion, Time, Extensions of Time and Liquidated Damages - General Principles
• Analysis and Entitlement - Delays
• Disruption and Acceleration
• Damages and Financial Claims
After attending this course participants should be able to;
• Define the broader sense of a claim, and look at the provisions within NEC, JCT and PPC
• Appreciate the importance and quality of records, and how they can be used as evidence
• Structure arguments for the use of claims, negotiation techniques and analysis of relevant circumstances
This workshop is recommended for everyone currently or about to be working across projects including: employers, contractors and sub-contractors.
This workshop is suitable for all those who may need support as they may have experience of delays, damage and compensation events